HOW IT WORKS
This standard allows real estate investors, developers and building owners to assess and mitigate unnecessary environmental damage caused while completing a refurbishment or fit out project.
The following building improvements are analyzed: external envelope and structure, core services, local services or interior design of a building.
Specific criteria is also available for heritage buildings taking into account historic constraint.
The fit-out part of the certification can be used by tenants to evaluate their interior design and is complementary to BREEAM New Construction – Core and Shell.
WHAT WE DO
- Pre-assessment advice on refurbishment proposals, in line with the requirements of the target standard.
- Advice on local context issues which will affect scoring of the project
- Advice on maximising BREEAM scores and how to minimise any additional cost implications.
- Registration of projects within BREEAM.
- Monitoring and advice during the refurbishment and construction phase.
- Formal post construction assessments and BREEAM certification either by review of interim assessments or new assessment.